Data is central to decision-making and client reporting at Terrain and analysts are a critical component to drive data-driven decision making in all of our operations.
As an analyst at Terrain, you will work across our Recruiting, Competitive Intelligence and Real Estate teams, shaping the way we deliver product & insights, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high quality, higher velocity decisions for our team.
The successful Data Analyst is passionate about using data to make an impact and is driven to provide the highest quality data for all customers. You will detect, measure, and fix data quality problems, ultimately focusing on addressing problems at data creation to eliminate problems at source.
The position requires experience in Data Quality projects, experience analyzing and profiling large and complex data sets, the ability to manage projects end-to-end, and a curiosity/inquisitive approach to problem-solving.
- Gather, analyze, and model data using analytical tools and techniques to develop business insights to drive decisions as per project requirements
- Update/maintain information in our databases
- Understand current data sources and tables & create complex SQL queries to pull & analyze data as per requirements
- Experience with Excel and comfort with topics such a pivot tables and Index-Match-Match
- Client/ Internal stakeholder interactions including gathering requirements, providing analyses, and presenting recommendations
- Work on all phases of data quality projects from project planning through execution and completion
- Help to define and maintain data quality goals, standards, metrics, and processes, including ROI calculations
- Build Data Quality dashboards and other methods to measure and report on data quality
- Work cross-functionally to identify and fix data quality issues using sustainable and best-practice tools and processes
- Maintain a master list of data quality issues, priorities, and status
- Work with business analysts ensure data rules and standards are being implemented and properly maintained
- Operationalize data processes - provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that everyone gets a good sense of the state of the business
- Maintain a culture of high-quality output and exceptional customer service: effectively communicate at all levels, ensure that work gets done well and on time, respond effectively to unexpected obstacles and reallocate resources as necessary
Key Accountabilities/Decision Making & Influence
- Demonstrates extreme attention to detail and organization in all aspects of work.
- Verify SQL database contents and changes using source documentation and the database audit trail.
- Participates in meetings with appropriate Recruiting, Competitive Intelligence and Real Estate team members as it relates to data ingestion and maintenance.
- Monitors data collected across multiple databases when required.
- Participates in special data-related projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Proven track record of using data to generate insight and drive business results
- Fluency in data analysis and communication around data, and proven track record of using data to generate insight and drive business results
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL), Microsoft office & G Suite Applications.
- Experience with standard data mining and data presentation techniques.
- Proven ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment with minimal direct supervision.
- Must have excellent written communication skills, including the ability to effectively document procedures, processes and results.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills, as interaction with team members occurs daily. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines & multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrate extreme attention to detail and organization in all aspects of work.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in data analytics
- Technical background and programming experience in Python + Pandas
- Statistical analysis exposure
- Passion about Talent, Technology and Real Estate