Last Updated: August 2, 2019
- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Your Choices
- Individuals in Switzerland and the European Economic Area
- Contact Us
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide when you sign up for our emails, communicate with us about your employment background and experience, register for a customer account, respond to a survey, apply for a position with us or otherwise communicate with us. The information you may provide includes your contact information, such as name, email, and phone number; billing information from business contacts of our customers, including address and payment information; information about potential candidates for our customers, including employment and education history; feedback and survey responses; and any other information about you that you choose to provide to us.
Other Information About Your Use of the Services
When you use our Services, we collect the following information about you:
- Usage Information: We collect usage information, such as the features you access, buttons clicked, time spent on our Services and other similar types of usage information.
- Log Information: We collect standard log files when you use our Services, which include the type of web browser you use, access times and dates, length of stay, frequency of visits, pages viewed, clickstream data, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our website.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers set by your device operating system, and mobile network information (like your connection type, carrier and region).
Information We Generate Ourselves
We generate some information about you based on other information we have collected. For example, like most platforms, we use your IP address to derive the approximate location of your device. We also take notes and observations about potential candidates for our customers, including notes regarding topics like team building, leadership and technical abilities.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also obtain information about you, such as your name, contact information and employment information, from other sources, including publicly available sources such as LinkedIn and company websites.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, and develop new products and services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, account notifications and other administrative messages;
- Evaluate your application for employment;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events offered by Terrain and others, request feedback, and provide news and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services; and
- Detect and help prevent illegal activities, comply with the law and protect the rights and property of Terrain and others.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share information about you as follows:
- We share potential employee candidate information with our business customers. To opt out of this sharing, please contact us at email@example.com.
- With companies that perform services for us, including providers of customer relationship management databases, internal collaboration and office suite tools, surveys and marketing services, and website analytics;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Terrain or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or other information not subject to obligations under the data protection laws of your jurisdiction with third parties. For example, we generate aggregate data to prepare client trend reports.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Terrain by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, you can usually manage settings to clear or decline cookies (for instance, by using a “private” or “incognito” mode).
INDIVIDUALS IN SWITZERLAND AND THE EEA
The sections below apply to you if you are located in Switzerland or the European Economic Area (collectively, “Europe”).
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- As necessary to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (like providing the products or services you have requested);
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data, including to communicate with you about your potential interest in positions with our clients, respond to inquiries, evaluate qualifications for potential referral to clients, help secure and improve our Services and to analyze use of our Services;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations; and
- When we have your consent to do so.
We retain personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed, unless applicable law requires storage for a longer period of time.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limits and conditions provided under law, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or made available in a portable form.
- You also have the right to object to certain processing (like receiving direct marketing), or request that we restrict processing in certain circumstances (like to retain but not further process pending resolution of a claim).
- When we ask for your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- You have the right to file a complaint regarding our data protection practices with a supervisory authority. Please see this directory [Insert hyperlink to: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en] for contact details. If you are in Switzerland, please visit the FDPIC site [Insert hyperlink to: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html] for contact details.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Terrain is based in the United States and processes information in the United States, which may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.